USB printer and scanner modules don't load automatically in linux-2.6.0-test10

From: Meinhard E. Mayer
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 16:09:27 EST

I don't know whether I am supposed to ssend this to any of you or the
general list.
I have been using -test9 and -test10 for a while and noticed that the
modules for my connected USB printer and scanner did not load
automatically during boot (as they do in kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
(Fedorea-SC1) or other versions of 2.4.22).
The alternatives were to enter
sudo modprobe usbpr
sudo modprobe scanner
or to compile the drivers into the kernel (which I ultimately did).
I could not figure out the correct format for the new /etc/modprobe.conf
to remedy this; I also compiled the soundcard-driver into the kernel
since the test9 kernel.

--
Hardy
(Meinhard E. Mayer)