Re: Linux 2.4.23-rc4

From: J.A. Magallon
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 17:03:06 EST

On 11.24, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here goes -rc4, fixing modular IDE breakage present in 2.4.23 kernels.

Hey, you posted rc4 before I could talk about rc3... ;)
Good and bad news. Good are that pci=noacpi works. Bad are that
ACPI still fails to setup PCI bus 1 on a ServerWorks LE.
I think this is not a showstopper, but...
Relevant info is at

http://giga.cps.unizar.es/~magallon/linux/acpi/

dmesg for -rc3 without acpi, just what CONFIG_SMP uses, with acpi, and with
acpi but booted with pci=noacpi (all with lspci at the end), and output
from dmidecode, biosdecode and acpidmp.

I have also submited an entry in bugzilla.
For my blind eyes, it looks like an IRQ routing problem.

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon <jamagallon()able!es> \ Software is like sex:
werewolf!able!es \ It's better when it's free