Re: [kernel panic @ reboot] 2.6.0-test10-mm1

From: Vince
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 12:35:58 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Vince wrote:

<4>Oops: 0000 [#49]

At the point you're at there really isn't much state left to work from.
Any chance you can get at the logs (if it hit disk) and get the first
oops?

Nothing ever hits the disk (In interrupt handler - not syncing ...), that's the reason why I had to install kmsgdump in the first place.
(Sidenote: a few days ago, I had the intent to install the lkcd kernel patches, but gave up because of the time required to patch/compile/install/setup correctly the kernel and userspace utilities (not .deb of lkcd-utils available...)).
I suppose I could enlarge the kernel message log size, but the kmsgdup documentation states:
If you have changed your messages buffer size (which is 16 kB by default), you should modify the size in "include/asm/kmsgdump.h", parameter LOG_BUF_LEN. Some people required 32 kB. But you shouldn't exceed 60 kB since the dump is done in real mode (16 bits).
For kernel versions 2.5.6x and later, the LOG_BUF_LEN parameter is part
of the kernel .config file (LOG_BUF_SHIFT) so you don't need to modify
it at all.