Posix says "undefined". Re: Signal left blocked after signal handler.

From: Bruce Perens
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 14:36:32 EST

Linus,

Posix says the behavior is undefined. See http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/functions/sigprocmask.html .
I think it makes sense to leave the 2.6 behavior as it is.

Thanks

Bruce

Linus Torvalds wrote:

I personally think it is "good taste" to actually set the SA_NODEFER flag

if you know you depend on the behaviour, but if there are lots of existing

applications that actually depend on the "forced punch-through" behaviour,
then I'll obviously have to change the 2.6.x behaviour (a stable
user-level ABI is a lot more important than my personal preferences).

But if ElectricFence is the only thing that cares, I'd rather just EF
added a SA_NODEFER..