Re: amanda vs 2.6

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 15:50:54 EST

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 15:32, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
>On Wednesday 26 November 2003 14:50, William Lee Irwin III wrote:
>>> Okay, then we need to figure out what the hung process was doing.
>>> Can you find its pid and check /proc/$PID/wchan?
>
>On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 03:23:33PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Ok, repeat, us is PID 1843, so:
>> [root@coyote root]# ps -ea|grep su
>> 1843 pts/1 00:00:00 su
>> [root@coyote root]# cat /proc/1843/wchan
>> sys_wait4[root@coyote root]#
>> Unforch, echoing a 0 to that variable doesn't fix it, reboot time
>> again.
>> Do you need my .config?
>
>su had apparently spawned something and is waiting on it in the
>wchan you showed. Could you find the shell it spawned as an amanda
>user and syslogd (as per Linus' suggestion) also?

I need a bottle of aspirin, no change, but this boot, its working. Go
figure. FWIW, syslogd is running just fine, or is for this boot
anyway... At this point I don't even have a SWAG about whats going
on.

Besides, that was a shell I typed that into, and I don't believe it
actually spawned the users shell. No visible indicator that I could
see.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M