exiting X and rebooting

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 06:17:53 EST

Greetings;

I'm not sure what category this minor complaint falls under, but since
its evidenced by a 2.6 kernel and not a 2.4, this seems like the
place.

One of the things I've been meaning to mention is that if I'm running
a 2.6 kernel, and exit X to reboot, the shell that had a cursor when
I started X from it, no longer has a cursor when x has been stopped.
This occurs only for 2.6 kernels, but works as usual for 2.4 kernels
giving a big full character block for a cursor.

One can still type, and the keystrokes are echo'd properly. But it is
a bit un-nerving at first. Logging clear out and back in again to
re-init the shell doesn't help. The cursor is gone.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M