Re: amanda vs 2.6

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 08:41:00 EST

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 05:05:50AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> My $0.02, but performance like that would scare a new user right back
> to winderz.
> Around here, its thanksgiving day, and we traditionally eat way too
> much turkey (or something like that :) And then complain about the
> weight we've gained of course...

This isn't a performance problem. This is a bug. It vaguely sounds like
a missed wakeup or missing setting of TIF_NEED_RESCHED, but could be a
number of other things too.

(The missing setting of TIF_NEED_RESCHED theory is right if it's
possible to clean up after it by ignoring need_resched() in the
scheduler and always rescheduling.)

-- wli