Re: APM Suspend Problem

From: William Lee Irwin III
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 21:22:01 EST

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 06:17:12PM -0800, Misha Nasledov wrote:
> Yeah, like I said, if I boot back into 2.4.21 it'll work just fine. I know it
> worked in -test2 and -test3 but somewhere between then and -test9 it stopped
> working. It might've been after -test3.. I haven't really looked into using
> ACPI as APM is supposed to work perfectly on my laptop and I don't want to
> complicate things.. I wish I knew more about kernel hacking so that I could
> look into this problem.

I haven't used the CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND needed for ACPI much; AIUI
it's still prototypical in various ways (or whatever the right way to
phrase that is), and I'm a bit too overextended to help out with it now.

There is an oddity I forgot to report: it doesn't suspend when I close
the lid if I still have the power plugged in. Also, I tried the suspend
button, and it works perfectly fine here for both suspend and resume on
a standard LTC issue Stinkpad T21, again with the power cord proviso.

-- wli