Re: FYI: My current suspend bigdiff

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Nov 30 2003 - 12:31:21 EST

Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:
Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

Well... it could work with scsi. You can try it, but be carefull. [If
it goes wrong it might eat your data.]

Thats why I use xfs on my main system to test... And I tried with libata and it won't work as it complains that the "katad" process cannot be stopped, so swsusp immediatly comes back.

I do not know how much more support is needed to allow powermanagment
for libata, but this one should be easy...

Uhm, Jeff already fixed it in libata using the same call. Can both fixes "hurt" each other or are the safe?

As you suspect, you want only one of the fixes.

I would probably prefer Pavel's patch over mine, as he knows the suspend subsystem better than me :)

Jeff