Re: XFS for 2.4

From: Dan Yocum
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 16:10:37 EST

Marcelo,

We (Fermilab) second this request. We won't be touching 2.6 until it's really stable (read as, Red Hat comes out with an official distro that has it built in), and we already have *a lot* of XFS filesystems here (~>300TB) running on 2.4 kernels. It would be very, very nice to have it in the 2.4 tree without having to pull it from SGI.

Thanks,
Dan

Nathan Scott wrote:
Hi Marcelo,

Please do a

bk pull http://xfs.org:8090/linux-2.4+coreXFS

This will merge the core 2.4 kernel changes required for supporting
the XFS filesystem, as listed below. If this all looks acceptable,
then please also pull the filesystem-specific code (fs/xfs/*)

bk pull http://xfs.org:8090/linux-2.4+justXFS

cheers.

--
Dan Yocum
Sloan Digital Sky Survey, Fermilab 630.840.6509