Re: XFS for 2.4

From: Darrell Michaud
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 11:13:10 EST

As a user it would be very beneficial for me to have XFS support in the
official 2.4 kernel tree. XFS been stable and "2.4 integration-ready"
for a long time, and 2.4 is going to be used in certain environments for
a long time, if only because it's easier to upgrade a 2.4 kernel to a
newer 2.4 kernel than to upgrade to a 2.6 kernel. It seems like an easy
case to make.

I use other filesystems and some funky drivers as well.. and I'm always
very happy to see useful backports show up in the 2.4 tree. Thank you!

--
Darrell Michaud <dmichaud@xxxxxxx>