Re: Promise 20378 + 2.6.0-test10 + libata patch 1

From: Joe Blow
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 22:12:46 EST

From: Erik Andersen <andersen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
What exactly is needed to get got SATA and PATA support
comparable to the driver provided by promise? Would it be
possible to adapt the existing promise PATA IDE driver to drive
the PATA port, while the libata Promise driver handles the SATA
ports. Or would a new driver be needed?

Is there actually a Promise supplied driver that might work with the 20378 and PATA drives? Someone sent me a .zip file with an open source driver from Promise dated 02/20/03 but it's for 2.4.x. I emailed Promise asking if there was an update, and they denied it even existed.