Re: [kernel panic @ reboot] 2.6.0-test10-mm1

From: Vince
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 08:30:19 EST

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:31:06 -0800 Mike Fedyk <mfedyk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| | Wouldn't he only get the first oops on the diskette if he had the sysctl
| mentioned above enabled?

Yes, I think that you are right.

Well, I get indeed a nice oops on screen with this sysctl... but the oops/panic does not appear on the floppy dump :-/

<0>Kernel panic: Fatal exception
<4> <0>Dumping messages in 100 seconds : last chance for Alt-SysRq...<6>SysRq :
Emergency Sync
<6>SysRq : Emergency Sync
<6>SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O
<6>SysRq : Trying to dump through real mode
<4>