Re: [kernel panic @ reboot] 2.6.0-test10-mm1

From: Vince
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 20:03:00 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Vince wrote:

Well, I get indeed a nice oops on screen with this sysctl... but the
oops/panic does not appear on the floppy dump :-/

<0>Kernel panic: Fatal exception
<4> <0>Dumping messages in 100 seconds : last chance for
Alt-SysRq...<6>SysRq :
Emergency Sync
<6>SysRq : Emergency Sync
<6>SysRq : Emergency Remount R/O
<6>SysRq : Trying to dump through real mode
<4>

Do you see any floppy disk activity at all? I'll see if i can come up with
something.

Yes, there *is* floppy activity. The previous messages make it to the floppy (in that case, I experienced with Alt-Sysrq+S/Alt-Sysrq+U/Alt-Sysrq+D), but the oops doesn't...