support for Hermes II on the kernel

From: André Ventura Lemos
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 11:33:52 EST

Agere Systems Inc. has released the source code for the Hermes II cards
made by Agere. Among them you can find:

* "Wireless PC Card Model 0104" ("Gold" and "Silver")
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0106" ("Gold" and "Silver")
* "Wireless Integrated Card Model 0202"
* "Wireless Embedded Card Model 0504" (MiniPCI)
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0110"
* "Wireless PC Card Model 0111"
* "Wireless MiniPCI Card Model 0506"
* "Wireless MiniPCI Card Model 0508"
* "Wireless CompactFlash Card Model 1401"
* Other wireless adapters based on Agere's Hermes-I/Hermes-II
chipset.

The license is very similar to GPL (can use it, but must mention who did
it, in this case Agere).

So can this driver be integrated into the 2.6 series? That would be
really nice, as their code ATM only compiles on <=2.4, and the new
Proxim Orinoco PC Cards now uses this chip (mine is an Proxim Orinoco
Silver PC Card).

The source code for the drivers can be found here:
http://www.agere.com/support/drivers/index.html

Thanks

Ps.: please do CC me

--
Lego my ego, and I'll lego your knowledge