Re: w83627hf watchdog

From: Ethan Weinstein
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 00:06:35 EST

Ethan Weinstein wrote:

My Supermicro X5DPL-iGM-O has a winbond w83627hf chip onboard that includes a watchdog timer. I found a driver on freshmeat that points here: http://www.freestone.net/soft/pkg/w83627hf-wdt.tar.gz
but this does not seem to work correctly on 2.4.23, even with my modifications to the ioports and registers that Supermicro sent me. I have tried to contact the developer, he hasn't responded. I also located a post to linux-kerel quite sometime ago:

http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2002/Dec/att-4150/w83627hf_wdt.c

Thought I'd mention that the above mentioned driver apparently works
quite well with the w83627hf, I've run some preliminary tests simulating
lockups, and the box reboots according to the timer setttings.

Ethan