Re: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?

From: Ian Kumlien
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 19:56:26 EST

Craig Bradney wrote:
> Sounds great.. maybe you have come across something. Yes, the CPU
> Disconnect function arrived in your BIOS in revision of 2003/03/27
> "6.Adds"CPU Disconnect Function" to adjust C1 disconnects. The Chipset
> does not support C2 disconnect; thus, disable C2 function."

I doubt thats related, i run ACPI with powersave anyways...

> For me though.. Im on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v2 BIOS 1007. From what I can
> see the CPU Disconnect isnt even in the Uber BIOS 1007 for this ASUS
> that has been discussed.

I don't have it either...

I'm more hopeful about the patch from Mathieu <cheuche+lkml () free ! fr>...

CPU0
0: 267486 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 9654 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
8: 1 IO-APIC-edge rtc
9: 0 IO-APIC-level acpi
14: 28252 IO-APIC-edge ide0
15: 103 IO-APIC-edge ide1
16: 251712 IO-APIC-level eth0
17: 90632 IO-APIC-level EMU10K1
19: 415529 IO-APIC-level nvidia
20: 0 IO-APIC-level usb-ohci
21: 153 IO-APIC-level ehci_hcd
22: 58257 IO-APIC-level usb-ohci
NMI: 479
LOC: 265875
ERR: 0
MIS: 0

this far and it feels like a closer match to what windows does from what
i have read on the ml.

I haven't even come close to testing this yet, I've only been up 45 mins
but i'll leave it running and do what i usually do when it hangs... =)

I'll get back to you about how it goes...

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac@xxxxxxxxx>