Re: 2.4.23aa1 - scsi/pcmcia qlogic still does not build (m)

From: Eyal Lebedinsky
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 21:26:53 EST

Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> Also for the i2c troubles (you mentioned those last time), you can try
> if this helps.

I applied fixes similar to your suggestion to i2c-2.7.0
and lm_sensors-2.7.0 to get these to build, looks OK.

My final depmod has this problem though:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.23aa1/kernel/drivers/video/sis/sisfb.o
depmod: __floatsidf
depmod: __divdf3
depmod: __fixunsdfsi
depmod: __muldf3
depmod: __adddf3

I do not have this problem with 2.4.23, and I see the -aa1 patch
actually removing some FP ops. But therer are some left in other
sources (e.g. sis_main.c) so maybe some link problem was exposed?

Reverting the sis/init.c hunk does not fix this. Can it be related
to this in arch/i386/Makefile:

-CFLAGS += -pipe
+CFLAGS += -pipe -msoft-float

--