Re: Catching NForce2 lockup with NMI watchdog - found?

From: Ian Kumlien
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 09:56:07 EST

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 11:32, Craig Bradney wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 01:29, Ian Kumlien wrote:
> > On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 01:20, Craig Bradney wrote:
> > > Correction? how so? code looks the same, although the line numbers are
> > > completely different for mpparse.c and at that location there is
> > > different code. (Havent checked the disconnect)
> >
> > this is for 2.4.23 =)
>
> duh.. ok :)

Since none of my 2.6 running computers can read from the cdrom i have
decided to leave this last one on 2.4 =)

> > > Why do you think the disconnect is also related? (given some are just
> > > running the APIC patch and having (less/)no issues?
> >
> > Since i had issues with just the apic patch, as stated in my mail.
>
> oic.. sorry.. must have missed that.

Ok, i only got 2h uptime. But now i'm breaking the record with every
second that passes...

> > > 23 hrs now..
> >
> > I'm at 5:06 and thats a record for it running with apic.
>
> 1d 9h here now..

19h 33m

> I remembered I also dont have preempt still, but I am happy with it if
> it stays like this. The next time I need to reboot (or get a hang), I'll
> recompile with preempt it and try again.

I'm more interested about getting NMI to work with io-apic right now, if
possible...

--
Ian Kumlien <pomac () vapor ! com> -- http://pomac.netswarm.net