Re: NForce2 pseudoscience stability testing (2.6.0-test11)

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 10:54:29 EST

Jussi Laako wrote:
On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 18:34, Julien Oster wrote:

I am also using a 2 week old A7N8X Deluxe, v2 with the latest 1007 BIOS.
I AM able to run 2.6 Test 11 with APIC, Local APIC and ACPI support
turned on (SMP off, Preemptible Kernel off).

Unfortunately, I have the exact same configuration, with massive
lockups. Could you try executing "hdparm -t /dev/<someharddisk>"
several times and see if it lockups?

I don't think this is Linux-related. None of the NForce2 motherboards
with chipset revision same as the one on A7N8X Deluxe rev2 is able to
run memtest86 for 72 hours without errors with any memory tested (about
20 different DIMMs). NForce2 chipset is just broken.

Have you taken a look into the other nforce2 thread? A possible solution/Patch has been posted.