Re: 2.6.test11 bug

From: Xavier Bestel
Date: Mon Dec 08 2003 - 04:12:35 EST

Le lun 08/12/2003 à 06:17, Linus Torvalds a écrit :
> It could be bad memory. We even know the address that is bad: it's
> (%esi+4), ie bit 31 of the word at physical address 0x1b0468f0.
>
> However, if you don't see random SIGSEGV's while compiling etc issues, it
> doesnt' sound like flaky RAM.

(FWIW) I have a server running 2.4.22 and pppoe (to talk to an ADSL
modem). It works really flawlessly *except* when I run mldonkey: then
pppoe regularly fails and drops the connection. As this thing generates
a lot of packets to/from different hosts, I suspects it's an excellent
test workload for some paths of the kernel.

Xav