Re: Fixes for nforce2 hard lockup, apic, io-apic, udma133 covered

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 10:22:14 EST

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Ross Dickson wrote:

> b) I was also disappointed to see I could not have irq0 timer IO-APIC-edge.
> So I have fixed it too (tested on both my epox and albatron MOBOs).
> Firstly I found 8254 connected directly to pin 0 not pin 2 of io-apic.
> I have modified check_timer() in io_apic.c to trial connect pin and test for it
> after the existing test for connection to io-apic.

I'm pretty sure this part is bogus. Have you actually verified it either
by using a hardware probe or at least by investigating documentation you
really have IRQ 0 routed to the I/O APIC interrupt #0 (INTIN 0)? If no,
then you can almost surely see interrupts travelling across the pair of
8259A PICS which are connected to the INTIN 0 input of the first I/O APIC
in every IA32-based PC system providing an I/O APIC seen so far.