Kernelpanic in 2.43

From: Ulrich Mensfeld
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:28:24 EST

Hallo,
don't know, whom to adress.

I've following problem: Every Linux-Kernel above 2.4.22 crashes with
capslock and scrolllock blinking, nothing in the message-log, and all i
can do is magic-sysreq and boot.

The problem seems to be reproducable: It seems to occur, when my son wants
to use my pc as a router to the internet. So for detail:

My pc acts as a dsl-router on "half"demand with packtfiltering and masq
(ipchains) for 2 windows-pcs.
"Half"demand means, my son has to make a "ping 10.0.0.2" to open an
outgoing connection, to prevent a bunch of windows tools opening unwanted
connections using "DoD".

But this all works fine under 2.4.18 to 2.4.22. I haven't any idea, what
that could be in 2.4.23.

If i should be more precise, please tell me what i should document.

Regards--
Ulrich