Re: 2.6.0-test11, PCMCIA,, Cirrus CL 6729 bridge not working

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 13:59:57 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> It looks like you tried every single module _except_ for the i82365.
>
> Give that one a whirl. Just "modprobe i82365"

It won't work. The 6729 needs some special register settings. The chip
is similar to 82365, but not completely compatible. I have a PCI
wireless card from Samsung that needs it too (wireless chip is
connected using a 6729). David Hinds' driver supports it, but it is
some special case code in there. Adding it to the in kernel pcmcia
would require some work and it may be cleaner to do it in a separate
driver.

-Andi