Re: Device-mapper submission for 2.4

From: Wichert Akkerman
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 04:42:01 EST

Previously Tupshin Harper wrote:
> This is not true. LVM2 can read the LVM1 format, but it cannot
> communicate with non-dm interfaces in 2.4.x. This means that you need to
> run lvm1 on 2.4 and lvm2 on 2.6 unless you patch 2.4 with dm.

And unless my memory is failing me all distros ship tools that will
detect which interface your system has and call the right tool for you.
That was already needed for lvm1 which went through several ioctl
interfaces and continues to work fine for lvm2. Which means this
is pretty much a non-issue.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <wichert@xxxxxxxxx> It is simple to make things.