Re: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 10:17:29 EST

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> So basically anyone in the past-present-future who worked on-with-about
> the linux kernel is now tainted forever.

Andre - before you get involved in a flame war, take a deep breath. You
know you get too excited about things.

reverse.

Also, I don't see what the "API" discussion is. That's a _total_ red
herring. There is no "module API", and never has been. Modules have always
been about linking against internal kernel functions, and it's always been
very clear that there is no API, and that those internal kernel interfaces
change _all_ the time.

Linus