RE: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: Andre Hedrick
Date: Wed Dec 10 2003 - 15:23:08 EST

Linus:

Okay, can you add to the approved license list "GPL/proprietary" and
"proprietary/GPL" ?

This would allow a legal shim for the hardcare folks to choke down, and
provide the comfort level for others.

Then the trick is when does the license flip modes?
Compile time?
Execution time?

This starts to become more fuzzy than I care to look at right now.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
LAD Storage Consulting Group