Re: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: Rob Landley
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 02:35:06 EST

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 10:34, Larry McVoy wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 08:21:52AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > There's a fundamental difference between "plugins" and "kernel modules":
> > intent.
>
> Which is? How is it that you can spend a page of text saying a judge
> doesn't care about technicalities and then base the rest of your argument
> on the distinction between a "plugin" and a "kernel module"?

Because there are distinctions that aren't technicalities?

Strange but true...

Rob

(I'm driving 55 MPH on the freeway. I'm driving 55 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. I'm
driving 55 MPH through the middle of a crowded shopping mall... Same action,
same tools, three different contexts. One is legal, one gets you a ticket,
one gets you serious jail time. The law's full of this sort of thing...)