Re: udev sysfs docs Re: State of devfs in 2.6?

From: Xavier Bestel
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 06:06:30 EST

Le jeu 11/12/2003 à 11:15, Måns Rullgård a écrit :
> I was objecting to the udev
> way of thinking that all drivers are always loaded. If you want to
> use udev and on-demand loading, you need to do some tweaking.

Technically it's hotplug which assumes that all drivers are always to be
loaded. But you are right.
And even there, I'd say hotplug+udev has the advantage: being userland
scripts, they can be tweaked to meet your needs (like on-demand loading
only your floppy, in your case). Unlike devfs.
Mechanism, not policy, etc.

Xav