[no subject]

From: Hettinger Tamas
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 18:38:28 EST

Hi everybody !

I've been developing a kernel module and I needed some timer functions. I
found init_timer() add_timer() del_timer() etc... but I would ask some
questions about them.

1) When I set a timer, it is added to a timer_list chain with add_timer().
If the time is up and the scheduled function is called, should I remove the
timer_list struct from the chain via del_timer() ? Or is it removed
automatically ?

2) How can a module safely removed if it has some running timers ? I have to
call del_timer() in cleanup_module() for each running timer ? And what's the
purpose of the timer_pending function ?

thanks