RE: 2.4.23 is freezing my systems hard after 24-48 hours

From: Jeremy Kusnetz
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 16:43:54 EST

> Have you tried running with the NMI watchdog? I cannot run it myself
> because I have to disable APIC support since my motherboard is
> buggy. To do so, try booting with "nmi_watchdog=1" or "nmi_watchdog=2"
> depending on your configuration. Check Documentation/nmi_watchdog.txt
> for details. Also verify that the NMI oopser works by checking for a
> non-zero NMI count in /proc/interrupts.

Wish I knew about that earlier, unfortunately I've gone back to the 2.4.22 kernel as these are production boxes and I can't afford any more of these outages. Besides I'm tired of getting paged at 4am :) I wish I could get my development boxes to have this problem since it's not a big deal if they go down.

What kind of hardware are you running? These are Compaq DL360 G1 servers.