Re: Linux GPL and binary module exception clause?

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 18:43:50 EST

Hi!

> So basically you think it is okay to pollute the kernel tree and
> opensource with information of questionable origin? If this is your
> position, remind me to remove all code that you have ever touched.

I think it should be okay to put code I wrote into kernel, and put
GPLed code into kernel when I keep original author's copyright (I
commonly integrate patches from the lists, etc). And I do not want to
deal with U.S. courts (or Afghanistan courts, for that matter).

> You do not get a lawsuit if you have ownership of the code you are
> submitting.

As far as I can see, in U.S. you can get lawsuit independend of
whether you did anything wrong or not.

Pavel
[Johanka's followup: and *two* hearts?]