Re: Nvidia kernel module and kernel 2.6

From: Markus Hästbacka
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 15:42:55 EST

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 22:12, Lukas Postupa wrote:
> Hello,

Hi!
> i'm using linux 2.6.0-test11-bk11 on Intel architecture (Celeron
> Coppermine) and nvidia kernel module 1.0-4620 for Nvidia GF FX 5200.
> Mttr registers are enabled.
> I applied appropriate patches from www.minion.de.
> After loading and using nvidia kernel module, dmesg shows this output:
> [...snip...]
I get these messages all the time with nvidia module, you can disable
these messages from the kernel configuration: "make menuconfig -> kernel
hacking -> sleep-inside-spinlock checking"

> This always is happening on loading this module.
> I get same trouble with nvidia kernel module 1.0-4496.
> I never had such problems with kernel 2.4 before.

You pribably didn't have that option enabled in the 2.4 kernel.
I don't know about the danger of this message, but it haven't caused me
any problems

Regards,
Markus
--
"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free."
Markus Hästbacka <midian at ihme dot org>