Re: Scheduler degradation since 2.5.66

From: George Anzinger
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 02:46:56 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:
George Anzinger wrote:

Try running the test with a requested sleep time of something less than 0.999849 ms. All this is for the x86 which is using this time to do the best it can with the PIT which can only get this close to 1 ms ticks. You can even vary this number to see exactly where the round up actually happens. Ah, life in the nano world :)

Would it be better to program the PIT for lowest frequency that's >= 1.0ms.

Possibly. I haven't attempted to analize it. I do know it would make some of the math a bear. Integers like to round down (read truncate) so... But then, what we have isn't exactly fun :)

--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx