Re: filesystem bug?

From: Bryan Whitehead
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 16:42:20 EST

I get this problem all the time here at JPL. I can always get the files back by remounting the filesystem.

For example if /dev/sdb1 mounted on /export/project is getting wierd "Input/output" errors I can simply run this command:
mount -o remount /dev/sdb1 /export/project

It's been about a year of these problems... I'll try running the test Tsuchiya Yoshihiro made to reproduce. (I have not been able to create a test that can consistantly reproduce... but the problem has sure screwed up some data-gathering runs in the lab).

These are all on Mandrake kernels though.... (from the 9.0 series). so that's 2.4.19+tonOfPatches.

Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
Hi,