Re: no atapi cdrecord burning with 2.6.0-test11-bk10 / bk13

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Dec 17 2003 - 11:43:27 EST

On Wednesday 17 December 2003 11:25, Thomas Voegtle wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> I take that it is attempting to scan all 8 addresses of the scsi
>> bus even though its actually hitting the atapi stuff? Or do I
>> need an even fresher version of cdrecord? or libscg?
>
>Sorry, I shortend my output of cdrecord. With 2.6.0-test11 it looks
> like this:
>
>Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
>scsibus0:
>cdrecord: Warning: controller returns wrong size for CD capabilities
> page. 0,0,0 0) 'CREATIVE' ' CD5233E ' '2.05' Removable
> CD-ROM 0,1,0 1) 'PLEXTOR ' 'CD-R PX-W1610A' '1.04' Removable
> CD-ROM 0,2,0 2) *
> 0,3,0 3) *
> 0,4,0 4) *
> 0,5,0 5) *
> 0,6,0 6) *
> 0,7,0 7) *

I see. I also don't see the warning you are getting, and this may be
the reason you can't burn. I also do not have the normal cdrom as
device 0. What happens if you swap the master/slave jumpers and put
the recorder first? It might be worth a try, and any changes in how
it works would be a clue as to where the real stoppage is.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M