Re: Linux 2.6.0 (ACPI)

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 03:06:26 EST

Len Brown wrote:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/must-fix/should-fix-7.txt

We have 88 open bugs against ACPI (out of 216 total). They fall into
two broad categories -- boot/configuration (eg. interrupt issues); and
run-time features (eg. acpi events -- power-down, fan control etc). #1038 mentioned here has sort of grown out of control into "anything at
all wrong with anybody's IBM T40", so I'm not sure it will ever be
completely closed;-)

hehe

Pete Zaitcev gave me some great advice, when I joined Red Hat. Manage your bugs aggressively, sometimes with a sharp and pointy stick. Otherwise they will become unkillable nine-headed hydra with a life of their own, as the bugs drift further and further away from the original bug reporter's bug. ;-) Open new bugs if a poster's issue seems remotely different from the base bug. Bugzilla can do fancy stuff like linking bugs into dependency chains, and also marking bugs as duplicates. The power is yours :)

Jeff