Re: Can't wait for '2.8 or 3.0',or maybe: 2.8 followed by 2.10 ??

From: Maciej Soltysiak
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 07:47:39 EST

> I think we should consider introduce a policy of having .*beaver.*
> names for each 2.6.x release, and maybe drop the version numbers
> altogether during 2.7.
How about a naming policy of something going along this:
Stag (2.2)
Wolfling (2.4)
Beaver (2.6)
Rooster (2.7)
Ostrich (2.8)
Sharkey (2.9)
Cheetah (3.0)

And all having names of animals. Like in Croatia, their local currency
has only pictures of animals and plants on the bills and coins.

Pretty nice and neutral. Also codenames might make it
sound less technical for buzzword-orientated folks in the media
and other users.

Oh, and you would know which is better becase you would
here one or the other more often in terms of something new and fresh.

Regards,
Maciej