Re: 2.6-test11 framebuffer Matrox

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 05:41:11 EST

Michael Hunold wrote:
Hello Steffen,

My Matrox-framebuffer is not working properly. Build direct into the
kernel, the monitor will be black with some stripes at startup, just the
reset button works.
Build as a modules, the same happens if I load the module.

All I can say is "me, too". 8-(

Steffen

Can somebody definately say if "matroxfb" is working for 2.6? I haven't tested it for a while, but I was surprised to find it non-working in 2.6...

The matrox framebuffer works with 2.6.0-test11 and a matrox G550.
This is statically compiled, with smp and preempt.

It dies if I use fbcon + the ruby patch (for multiple keyboard support) though.
So something is wrong - this patch changes the console but not the fb driver
so it isn't supposed to crash. I guess there's some problem with the driver
that gets triggered only in some circumstances.

Helge Hafting