Re: SCSI AM53C974 driver missing in 2.6.0?

From: Guennadi Liakhovetski
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 16:55:09 EST

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Randy.Dunlap wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:55:27 +0100 Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> | in 2.4.x we've been using
> | CONFIG_SCSI_AM53C974=m
> |
> | 2.6.0 doesn't seem to have any support for that specific SCSI
> | controller. What now? Aternatives?
>
> Kurt Garloff <garloff@xxxxxxx>
> and Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx>
> have made some recent patches for this driver.

tmscsim driver should be used in 2.6. I've posted the "final" version of a
patch to this driver on linux-scsi. Kurt wanted to put it on his site for
download, so, maybe it's there. Otherwise have a look in linux-scsi
archives. It should be included in 2.6 at some point, possibly, 2.6.1...

Guennadi

P.S. heh, this is becomming a FAQ:-)) Looks like there are a couple more
users of this driver / chip then I initially thought:-)
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski