USB UHCI Apollo MVP3 BUG

From: brain
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 19:11:02 EST

Hello.

I've got VIA Apollo MVP3 chipset, kernel 2.4.23. When I mount an USB disk and
write large amount of data to it, after filling memory buffers kernel says:

host/usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1628
host/usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1628
hub.c: already running port 2 disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...
hub.c: already running port 2 disabled by hub (EMI?), re-enabling...
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:07.2-2 address 2
usb.c: USB disconnect on device 00:07.2-2 address 2
Device 08:01 not ready.
Device 08:01 not ready.
I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 202605
I/O error: dev 08:01, sector 202605
some filesystem errors, panics and so on
hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 3
hub.c: new USB device 00:07.2-2, assigned address 3
WARNING: USB Mass Storage data integrity not assured
USB Mass Storage device found at 3

So I'm not able to write to an USB disk. Synchronous mounting does the same.
Kernel 2.4.20 does the same.

Sometimes I get "unable to handle kernel paging request", sometimes system
crashes that only alt-sysrq-b helps, sometimes even alt-sysrq doesn't work.

What should I do?

BRain

Petr `Brain' Kulhavy
<brain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~brain
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University Prague, Czech Republic

---
There's no future in time travel.