Re: psmouse synchronization loss under load

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 21:29:19 EST

In article <20031220015131.GB9834@xxxxxxxxxxx> you wrote:
> On a Dell laptop whenever I run a program that takes the full CPU, my
> mouse pointer goes insane and thrashes my X session every few minutes.

On my older system with 2.6.0 kernel i have currently this problem, whenever
APM tries to suspend the system. It will log that it was busy (screen
shortly gets black) and after that the genius ps2 mouse behaves like you
expected. Unplugging it helps.

The funny thing for me is, that those APM suspends most often only happen if
I actually _do_ something. I can reproduce it with Mozilla very often,
especially on loading flash sites. I guess I can solve that problem with
reconfiguring some of the APM options (I have tried to turn on as much as
possible on that PII4X 440BX System.

The sync problem with the mouse I have never seen with 2.4 kernels, not even
after suspends.

Greetings
Bernd
--