Re: 2.6.0 ps2 mouse

From: Joshua Kwan
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 15:42:01 EST

On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 01:29:50PM +0100, Cristiano De Michele wrote:
> I gave new 2.6.0 kernel a try and one thing I noticed is that mouse
> pointer (imps2 logitech optical mouse on /dev/psaux) has become too
> sensitive, that is in other words it's almost unusable.
> With 2.4.x I haven't any problem

This is typically a problem with your XF86Config because many read from
both /dev/psaux AND /dev/input/mice concurrently. However, in 2.6,
the data from /dev/psaux is included in /dev/input/mice, so all mouse
events appear to be recorded twice.

Just remove the entry from the ServerLayout section, and restart the X
server.

--
Joshua Kwan