Re: [Lse-tech] [RFC,PATCH] use rcu for fasync_lock

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Sat Dec 20 2003 - 16:36:42 EST

Stephen Hemminger wrote:

+struct fasync_rcu_struct {
+ struct fasync_struct data;
+ struct rcu_head rcu;
+};

Why do needless wrapping of existing structure? Just add and rcu element to it!

There are two independant users of fasync_struct
- networking does it's own locking and allocation and uses __kill_fasync directly.
- everyone else uses fasync_helper and calls kill_fasync, with the locking logic in fcntl.c.

I didn't convert the network code, thus I couldn't add the rcu member into fasync_struct.

--
Manfred