Re: Fw: 2.6.0-test11 BK: sg and scanner modules not auto-loaded?

From: Duncan Sands
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 07:39:30 EST

On Sunday 21 December 2003 02:25, Matthias Andree wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > It's been argued that kmod should place a request with the hotplug
> > subsystem, rather than call modprobe, but that's a little too radical
> > for me just yet.
>
> Hotplug works for 2.4, I don't know what is different in 2.6 - are there
> hotplug relevant kernel changes? Stupid question maybe, but I'm asking
> nonetheless :-)

I haven't been following this thread, so I don't know if this is relevant:
do you have the *very latest* hotplug scripts? The previous ones tested
the kernel version against "2.5", while the latest test against that and also
"2.6". I think this was in the usb script. Without the "2.6" test device
scripts are not run, at least for usb devices.

Ciao,

Duncan.