Re: Oops with 2.4.23

From: Disconnect
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 11:38:44 EST

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 18:55, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 12:35:24AM +0100, Maciej Zenczykowski wrote:
> > > So i have just tested to run memtest86 on my box and i have had no error
> > > with this. I have also tested cpuburn without any result. Have you some
> > > others ideas ?
> >
> > you did run memtest for a minimum dozen hours? sometimes it takes that
> > long to find errors...
>
> Has anyone noticed if several runs with the normal tests, or a single test
> with all tests running catches more errors?

I just did all this last weekend, and the basic operation I use is:
- two passes at standard mode (this bombed for me at first, so adjust
timings/etc and repeat)
- two passes at enhanced mode (this bombed on me once, so timings again
and restart from the beginning)
- and (I skipped this) one pass at 'all' mode, just to be sure

Once it passes 2 standard and 2 enhanced, its a safe bet that it's
clean..

--
Disconnect <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxx>