Re: 2.6.0 release + ALSA + suspend = not work

From: Karol Kozimor
Date: Mon Dec 22 2003 - 18:03:45 EST

Thus wrote pZa1x:
> ALSA stops producing sound after any time I suspend my Thinkpad T20
> notebook. I am using 2.6.0 release and the snd-cs46xx driver.
>
> I have to log out of Gnome and remove the sound card module and re
> modprobe it then restart Gnome to get sound back.
>
> No problems with 2.4.20 with OSS drivers.

I have a similar problem here (ICH3M, CS4299, snd-intel8x0). In my case,
using OSS emulation in userspace and ALSA modules in kernel works fine, so
it must be a locking problem of some kind, anyway probably something
trivial to fix.
A similar problem occurs under 2.4, FYI.
Best regards,

--
Karol 'sziwan' Kozimor
sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx