compiling modules after 2.4.* --> 2.6.0 upgrade

From: Ben Srour
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 03:21:47 EST

Hello,

I'm attempting to port a module I wrote for the 2.4 series to 2.6 but I
get the following error when I try and insmod:

root@dimension# /usr/sbin/insmod gpstest.o
insmod: error inserting 'gpstest.o': -1 Invalid module format
root@dimension#

(/sbin/insmod returns:
insmod: QM_MODULES: Function not implemented
but isnt that a remnant of the 2.4 series module-init-tools?)

/usr/sbin/insmod -v
module-init-tools version 3.0-pre1

/sbin/insmod -V
insmod version 2.4.18

I'm guessing this is happening because the module it seems to be compiling
for is 2.4:
root@dimension# strings gpstest.o
kernel_version=2.4.9-31
root@dimension#

I'm using module-init-tools-3.0-pre1, gcc3.0.4, kernel2.6.0

Any help/direction would be appreciated!
Thanks
Ben

--
Ben Srour