Re: SCO's infringing files list

From: Mitchell Blank Jr
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 12:45:01 EST

(Replying to myself again)

> Now, does anyone have a copy of "0.96bp2inc.tar.Z" lying around?

BTW, a few more details on this file - the linux GCC 2.2.2 release was
originally announced 28-Jun-1992. The 0.96bp2inc.tar.Z file originally
lived on the then-primary linux ftp site banjo.concert.net in directory
pub/Linux/GCC.

banjo stopped being an FTP server a couple months later - however,
Jonathan Magid announced on 13-Aug-1992 that the entire banjo site
was being reincarnated at host reggae.oit.unc.edu in directory
ftp/pub/pc-stuff/Linux. Here's a copy of the announcement:
http://www.kclug.org/old_archives/linux-activists/1992/aug/1/0708.shtml

My understanding is that reggae.oit morphed at some point into
sunsite.unc.edu (which is now, of course, ibiblio.org) Jonathan still
appears to be there, so I'm cc:ing him on this (apologies in advance
if its an intrusion, Jonathan) on the off-chance that there might still
be a 1992-era archive of the linux files once hosted by banjo.

The only other person likely to have access to a copy is H J Lu himself
(also cc:'ed although I'm 99% sure he's still on lkml :-)

-Mitch