bridge netfilter question

From: Raj Mansa
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 14:50:06 EST

Hi,
can someone help me and explain what this block of
code does exactly in the bridge code?

(This block is taken from br_dev_queue_xmit() @
br_forward.c, after applying 'netfilter' patch)
2.4.21 kernel

#ifdef CONFIG_NETFILTER
if (skb->nf_bridge)
memcpy(skb->data - 16, skb->nf_bridge->hh, 16);
#endif

1. What is 16 bytes here...? Ethernet hdr is 14 bytes
2. Why the ethernet hdr .. is being overwritten with
nf_bridge->hh? what is there in nf_bridge->hh?
3. If I remember correctly 'if' <condition> Fails for
ARP protocol

I wud appreciate if someone can help me.

-Raj